Building on a combined 40+ years experience, Centurion provides –
- Airport planning solutions tailored to meet short term or long-range airport maintenance and development goals. A simple terminal area plan or a comprehensive 20-year airport master plan, we will work with you to prepare a custom plan that meet your needs.
- Airport environmental documentation required to move your project from concept to funding and design. Compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) is a necessary step to obtain approval and funding, we approach these documents strategically to move you through the process as painlessly as possible.
- Airport engineering solutions, both airside and landside, including geometric design, drainage design, construction safety and phasing plans(CSPP), grading plans, marking plans, lighting and signage layouts, and constructing cost estimating.
- Airport program management including grant administration, DBE plan preparation, CIP development, independent fee estimates, and construction administration and oversight.
TRANSPORTATION AND DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
- Road, Street, and Sidewalk Design. From concept through construction, our planning and design team will assist with all phases of the project planning, environmental (if necessary), design, and construction.
- Storm Water, Wastewater, and Water Utility Design. Often located below the roads, streets, and sidewalks, our design team can assist with the design of these very necessary services..
- Transportation Planning and CIP Development. The relocation of existing roads, planning for new, and prioritizing funding are areas we can help to ensure the maximum use of available funds in the right places at the right times.
PUBLIC OUTREACH AND MEETING FACILITATION
- Garnering support for further investment in a community is key to project success. We have a successful track record of assisting clients with communicating to funding or approval agencies, the public, stakeholders, and other groups and organizations.
We are experienced professional planners and engineers, providing solid solutions to meet our client’s needs - remaining engaged throughout the project lifecycle, committed to improving the communities and airports we serve.
Together, the founders of Centurion conducted planning and engineering services for over 100 clients, ranging from airports to municipalities to private industry. Their diverse backgrounds provide you with the benefit of their experience –
- Airport engineering – runways, taxiways, aprons, drainage improvements, to name a few
- Airport terminal planning, terminal design, and terminal construction
- Airport planning – master plans, action plans, ALP preparation
- Airport support services including DBE plans, PFC applications, and FAA and state grant administration
- Permitting and routing linear facilities such as transmission line and utilities.
- NEPA assignments for federal agencies including the EPA, Corp of Engineers, GSA, and the FAA.
- Facility siting ranging from power plans to new airports.
- Environmental planning and permitting.
- Public outreach
- City comprehensive planning and zoning
- Industrial and business park planning
- Infrastructure design including roads and sidewalks.
Centurion actively seeks necessary certifications to support our project teaming partners. Below are our current and pending certifications.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
Port Authority of New York/New Jersey (pending)
Woman’s Business Enterprise (WBE)
Women’s Business Council – Southwest
City of Austin
City of San Antonio
Port of San Antonio
Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
Small Business Administration (federal, WOSB)
Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
Women’s Business Council – Southwest
Small Business Administration (federal)
Texas Department of Transportation
Pre-Certified in the following areas -
1.4.1 Land Planning/Engineering
1.8.1 Public Involvement
2.14.1 Environmental Document Preparation
3.2.1 Route Studies & Schematic Design
4.2.1 Roadway Design
8.1.1 Signing, Pavement Marking, And Channelization
10.1.1 Hydrologic Studies
17.5.1 Civil Engineering
18.3.1 Utility Adjustment Coordination
18.4.1 Utility Engineering
18.5.1 Utility Construction Management and Verification
18.6.1 Utility Management & Coordination Oversight
David Alexander, PE, Principal Engineer. After graduating from Texas Tech University with a degree in civil engineering he began his career with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). While working at TxDOT, David gained experience in all aspects of plans, specifications, and estimate development including, surveying and data collection; geometric design; hydrology and hydraulic design of storm sewer systems; design of rehabilitation methods for rigid and flexible pavements; traffic control plans; and construction management. His time with a state agency has proven beneficial to his clients as he understands the inner-workings of government functions such as project prioritizing, funding, and approval.
As an aviation consultant, David has worked on a variety of projects with a total cost exceeding $100 million in improvements. His clients benefit tremendously from his working knowledge of, and experience applying, FAA advisory circulars and guidelines. Of even more benefit is his understanding of FAA expectations and project funding. David regularly assists his clients with tailoring necessary airport improvements to meet funding eligibility requirements. David’s project experience touches every aspect of an airfield – terminals, runways, taxiways, aprons, hangars, access and perimeter roads, fencing to name a few.
For the past 14 years David has supplemented his airport experience with municipal projects. He has been directly involved with the design of typical water and sewer mains, lift stations, pipe bursting, street, and drainage design.
David has held his private pilot’s license since 1996.